Pages

Chihuahua Zero's Resolutions for 2013

I used the Kindle Fire I got for Christmas to compose a long list of goals for 2013. A long list, indeed.

It's all in the name of ACCOUNTABILITY!

My conclusion in Tuesday's post is nothing to this bare-bones baby.

2012 was lacking compared to 2011, a year of milestones for me, but by pumping more motivation into my daily routine and constructing efficient systems, I will certainly achieve more than what I have gotten done in the previous two years.

I'll be revisiting in December. The end of the year might seem a long way off, but experience shows me that time can go by faster than expected.

Writing

  1. Finish a fiction book and either start submitting or ready it for self publishing. It can either be a novel or a short story collection.
  2. Finish a standalone short story, and either submit or self publish.
  3. Write at least 1500 words (six pages) per day, every day.
  4. Get up at 6 AM on non-school days.
  5. Fully beta read a novel that becomes published.
  6. Write and compose at least one song and record a rough demo.

Blogging

  1. Double number of blog followers, bring visitors per day to 150, and have at least three social shares per posts consistently.
  2. Start doing newsletters.
  3. Bring Twitter followers to 3000.
  4. Start consistent blogging on Tumblr with at least 25 notes per original post.
  5. Establish presence on DeviantART.
  6. Have other bloggers mention me in their blog posts at least once a month.
  7. Build network to have at least five influencers who will buy and promote book.

Reading

  1. Read 100 books.
  2. Become familiar with NA (New Adult).
  3. Review at least one book per month extensively.

School and Friends

  1. Have 4.0 for second semester of current grade.
  2. Memorize names of every friend in social group (all girls except me) and initiate a hangout (besides a party).
  3. Hangout with other boys outside of sport-related activities without Mom involved.
  4. Learn name of bus driver.

It's a long list. I probably won't fulfill every single item, but that doesn't mean I can't try. It doesn't hurt to think high, as long as you take action.

Want to help?

YOUR TURN: What are some of your goals for 2013?

PS: The weekly round-ups will resume next week. Also, expect some shift in topic.

I'm going to move away from giving writing advice. That market is oversaturated, and I don't think I'm enough of an expert to prosper there. Maybe you'll like the incoming topics.

Hint: I'll be talking about YA as a label next Monday. Speculate about that.