Pages

Dogtown Weekly: 200th Post!

It's the 200th post!

201st will have sort of a celebration.

Normal posting will commence...



First of all, An Apology

A cartoon boy with a stomach ache.
See below for explanation.
There won't be a weekly round-up this week, and likely next week. I did it for Monday and Tuesday with some so-so posts, and then the presidential debate was on Wednesday, so I decided not to do Thursday.

Expect this more as I figure out how to do the round-ups.

If anyone's willing to scan through 280+ worth of blogs (not in one day, but through posts that catch your eye), let me know! I'll love to outsource it if people love them enough.

But the best way to continue the weekly round-ups is to Tweet them, Like them, 1+ them, share them, and generally vocalize how you love them. 

Writer's Update: NaNoWriMo Incoming

Just a quick note.

I'm starting to brainstorm for NaNoWriMo. I won't be doing it extensively at once, since it's a month away, but I'll still be making a habit of having a flesh-and-bones outline by the end of it.

I'll be reading Larry Brook's book, which hopefully will help me. He promises that with the right process, I'll have a nearly done draft by the end of NaNoWriMo, but I'll be testing that theory out.

I Take Back Last Week's Comment

Just when I said I'll be throwing in the towel for short stories, Joe Bunting hit me with an offer that I couldn't refuse.

Class in Session. It's a four-part video course on short story writing. And he offered the low price of $17...until October 1st, when it shot up to about $49.

I asked Mom to borrow her credit card.

Now I have access to it. The question is: Will I implement it?

Maybe this is one reason why the round-ups are becoming draining. I have been overindulging on writing advice for the last few months, and it's finally taking its toll.

So I'll probably take a break from the round-ups...for now.

And focus on one ebook and one course. Both which will lead to projects to victory.


YOUR TURN: Are you doing NaNoWriMo? Are you planning for it?

Have you brought any writing craft books or courses?

Answer in the comments below, or blog about it and link it!