Pages

Writer's Update: 5/23/12 (School's Out!)

School

It's official. As of yesterday, school is out. I received my certificate, I made reassurance with my social circle that we'll be seeing each other over the break, and I made sure I brought my backpack home.

Oh, and I kept myself composed during the ceremony by chewing on the program and singing "Shake it Out" by Florence + the Machine under my breath. "It's always darkest before the dawn" and all that. I expected to be a little more emotional, but considering it was the end of the school year, it was enough.

Really, I wished I had done more this year.

But I have summer break now. With school out, I have to create a new writing routine to adapt to the more wild schedule throughout the next three months or so. Summer classes, vacations...

In 750 Words last night, I made myself the most outlandish goal:  to finish Manifestation Files by the first day of school. To be specific, for me to start looking for agents.

Sure, it's a little too much, but's just a way to aim high--and a reminder to pick up the pace. And remember to do one of my online classes.

Blog

Since I'll have more time that I can either use or waste, that means there's more time for this. And more time to steer it into the right direction.

Right now, my top priority is to actually get people to visit this blog. The number of comments I got on Monday's survey were less than I expected. Which probably means I don't have enough people in the first place to get a wide variety of questions.

It could also mean some of you are just not interested into contributing to this blog, but hopefully, that's a minority.

In order to get more views and followers, I'm going to consider guest posting .In the next few days, I'll get a spreadsheet, find a ton of blogs in this niche, write 10-20 posts, and start soliciting like crazy. With hope, I'll have a spike in traffic by the end of June.

In order to do this, I might start doing book reviews on Monday also.

NEXT WEEK: I get into the matter of Critique Circle.

YOUR TURN: What are you looking forward to this summer?

EDIT: For clarification, I didn't finish Manifestation Files. I just made myself the goal to finish it by the end of the summer. Sorry if I confused you guys.