Pages

A Survey For You Readers

Instead of having the regular Monday blog post, I'd like to ask a few questions.

For the few months I'd been running this blog, I feel like I've been doing it in the dark. I get a handful of comments every few posts or so, but nothing much about what you guys truly think about Thoughts of a Young Aspiring Writer.

My main goal is to build a community, sort of like what's in the comments at Superhero Nation. A part of this is encouraging discussion, debate--and feedback.

After reading the same tip again and again at other blogs, I'd like to ask you guys your opinions.


Questions:

(You can answer all or none of these questions. You're allowed to comment as Anonymous.):

  • What do you think of "Thoughts of a Young Aspiring Writer" overall?
  • What are your most favorite and least favorite posts?
  • What types of posts would you want to see?
  • Do you see this as a writer's blog, or a reader's blog?
  • What types of posts do you prefer to see on Monday? Writing craft articles, reviews (Thoughts On), or experiences with writing (Daily Life)?
  • Would you be okay with me doing more guest posts if it means doing less writer's craft articles on this blog?
  • What are your thoughts on the Writer's Updates?
  • What are your thoughts on the Weekly Round-ups?
  • What are your thoughts on yMusic? Should they be posted on Saturday or Sunday?
  • What method do you use to watch this blog? (Blogger, RSS, e-mail, Twitter, Facebook, etc.)
  • Anything else?

Comments Policy

As you probably have seen on the sidebar, I've now spelled out my comments policy. All comments are read and replied to. The latter might now hold true if this blog gains a huge amount of commenters, but I don't see that happening for years.

Comments are one of the main ways I gauge reader's reactions. Even if it's a simple "great post", it's a sign that I'm doing something right.

So if you have anything you want to say,  please comment. Even if you think I'm not doing a great job, please phrase it in a civil way, and I will listen.

I'm still inexperience, but I need your help if I want to provide the best content you want.

Fire away.



P.S.: Even if you discovered this post after the fact, leave a comment. Every blogger, or anyone who writes, looks for feedback all the time. Nobody's perfect, but with your words, we can get closer to that.