Books We Love Blog Fest



Okay, I found this at the absolute last minute. Since I feel pumped for blogging, and I happened to be at the right place at the right time, I might as well be a part of the "Books We Love Blog Fest"!

I got to admit, I can't chose one book I love the best. And considering today's the deadline, I might as well draw from my mind and pick out the most memorable ones.

In no particular order.

1) Most Unconventional Book: The Book Thief by Markus Zusak

Hmm...the Grim Reaper as a Lemony Narrator, frequent proclamations of bold, an alternate viewpoint of a popular event in literature, a breath-taking picture book in the middle...yep. It's an unusual display of prose. It's a simple tale about a German girl in Nazi Germany, but this slice-of-life turns is quite breath-taking.


2) Most Underrated Book: Trial by Journal by Kate and Sarah Klise

It would've taken the above category, except for the fact it's nigh-unknown. When I get the chance, I'm going to the library and checking it out again. This Scrapbook Story relies on zaniness. It centers around a girl who becomes the first child juror in American history, who gets tangled in a mystery. Plenty of other bits are inserted, like newspaper articles, pamphlets, letters, etc. If you suspend your disbelief, this book is quite entertaining.

3) Book Matching My Desired Tone the Most: Unwind by Neil Shusterman

I swear this author's underrated. I read Unwind for a competition, and it was my favorite book of the bunch.  Basically, it's an intriguing sci-fi about a future where teenagers can be harvested for their organs. And it's accepted as perfectly moral--except for the Unwinds, of course. What results is an intriguing future which brushes on dark topics (like attempted rape and suicidal bombers) without sacrificing its tone.

All right, that's just three books I love. What books do you love the most?


Oh, and don't forget to check the blog-hop below. For it to work, people have to visit each other's blogs.

Like This Post?