Pages

Writer's Update: Cats and Christmas

All right. I managed to remember for a second time.

First of all, I'm not doing a Weekly Round-up this Friday. Sorry. It's just that there hadn't been enough articles on my watch-list to justify one, and I don't want to dig up all the holiday greetings. I'll be resuming it 2012 though, so bear with me.

First of all, I got four writing craft books (guess who wrote what):

  • Save the Cat
  • How to Write a Damn Good Novel
  • Character & Viewpoint
  • Scene & Structure
So far, I finished Save the Cat, and I'm reading How to Write a Damn Good Novel. Writing-wise, I also received a crate for archiving my old writing, an iPhone, and more loose leaf.

Really, these writing crafts books help my passion for writing a bit. I want to apply these techniques somehow. However, in the middle of reading Save the Cat, I had a scary thought: Aborting the 3rd draft of Manifestation Files, and skip to rewriting.

In retrospect, I'm glad I didn't do it (I couldn't really, I was on a road trip). I'm writing an all new scene that patches up the cause-and-effect chain, and help savage the relationship of the duo. I'm getting a better scene of structure. Once I have that down, the rest will follow.

However, doing my 750 Words is so hard. The problem is that I hold it off until night. At that point, I don't feel like writing, but once I start, I want to continue, but since it's late, I don't want to. Confusing, right? Well, let's say that I'm no longer aiming for two NaNoWriMo days per day. More like one and a half (about 2500 words). I need to wake up earlier and write earlier.

By the way, happy holidays. Speaking of which... What writing-related stuff did you get for Christmas? Please comment below.